Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It IS a miracle...

So a friend from high school sent me a Facebook message today, and in responding to her, I realized that I expressed some of my deepest feelings about being pregnant - so I am going to share my response to her and hopefully be able to express my feelings a little better:

"Thanks for the encouragement!! I actually am enjoying my pregnancy...people keep telling me I have a glow about me, which I don't really understand, but I LOVE feeling this little guy move and roll and stick his foot out so that I can feel it poking through! I was telling my hubby yesterday that it is hard not being able to breathe, and it is very hard to get comfortable when I am trying to just sit and read or something (I am in an online grad class right now), but other than that, I have had an ideal pregnancy!

At the same time, I am scared about a lot of things - giving birth, taking care of a newborn, our changing life, but I just can't wait to hold our little boy in our arms and fall so deeply in love!! I also can't wait to see Eli become a daddy; I think it will transform our relationship forever!"

I realized that I hope that I am not complaining too much and giving the impression that being pregnant is not the miracle that it is...because it truly is a miracle and something so unique that God provided just to women! It has changed my life, and I just wanted to share that!

Here I am this week:

2 comments:

Rebekah Zenn said...

Wow- not much longer to go! Pregnancy is amazing, I agree. And giving birth- not as horrible as I had imagined! :) Love ya!

Megan Fletcher said...

You look absolutely wonderful! You'll figure out all the right things to do for the labor/delivery, parenting a newborn and your changing family dynamics. You and Eli will be such great parents! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!