Saturday, April 26, 2008

Running Errands - who knew it could be so fun?


This morning I spent the day with Amy, Emma, and Collin at Hershey's Chocolate World. We saw the Really Big 3D Movie. Good thing Amy had a BOGO ticket, because it was completely not worth it. They make you stand in this big room for like 15 minutes, waiting to get in, and then they tell you that you can go in. That means entering another, smaller, room, where you watch a boring short movie about the history of Hershey or something. This whole time, you and whatever children you have with you are standing. Then you finally go in to the theater and see the movie with 3D effects, which is pretty cool, but it lasts about ten minutes. Poor Emma was scared by the "silly, scary guy" on the movie, and just kept asking me to hold her more tightly. Then we got some lunch at McDonald's and Aunt Sara met us at the playground for some fun.


Moving on, later on this afternoon, Eli and I ran out to do some errands. We were looking at some baby bedding, buying some maternity undies (for me, not Eli :) and returning some things. Then we decided to stop over at Babies R' Us to look at a few of the things I registered for online and to look at their baby bedding one more time. We went over and looked at the carseat and stroller we chose, and we wheeled it around a bit to check it out. It got really good ratings and we liked it, so we chose it online, but hadn't really gotten to try it. I was showing Eli how to put the carseat in and close the stroller and stuff, and as he is carrying the carseat around, I had this "OMIGOSH" moment, realizing that in just a few months, there will be Eli's little baby boy in that carseat! It was weird, but really exciting.


For some reason, this time looking around at Babies R' Us was soo much more real than the last time when we started our registry. It was really cute to see Eli, who normally would have been pulling my arms off to get out of the store, actually participating in looking around and trying things out.


Well, I think that's it for now. This is my last week of my internship, and I only have two more nights of my social service class and then the semester is over!! YAY!


Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my beautiful baby boy!

1 comment:

Amy Starr said...

I'm glad too about the BOGO! It makes sense that shopping and planning is more real, after you've seen those ultrasound images, and as you pop out! Love you!